Join the Team
We have a hard working, dynamic and entrepreneurial team, based in our offices in Cadnam in the New Forest. We have excellent transport links as we are just off Junction 1 of the M27 but also right on the door step of the New Forest National Park. We look after our staff, rewarding creativity, encouraging free-thinking and working together to grow and improve both the company and the individual. We love working with people that share our values and believes in our strategy that want to be part of something unique and exciting, whilst willing to put in the hard work and graft to make it happen.
We are a growing company so if you have experience working within our field, whether that is related to our core ecommerce offering, or supporting one our business in the Sports, Cycling or Fabric industry, please drop us an email with your CV to see if there are roles coming up that you may be suited to.
Otherwise, when we do have a particular vacancy we will list it below. All applicants should send a covering email along with their CV to email@example.com.
Ecommerce Developer - Magento / Shopify
Full time 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday.
This is an opportunity for an experienced PHP developer to strike the perfect balance between working for a client and an agency. Your time will be shared across 3-4 long term business relationships, working within the ecommerce team of Green Snow. You will see the full impact of your work, and will be able to work on projects for the long term, while still varying your workload between some very different projects.
There will be continued development of new Magento 2 sites. Delivering a road map of user experience and operational enhancements to the Magento System. This includes configuring and customising extensions and creating custom code. Acting as technical lead for the project and assisting the ecommerce team on the optimisation of the project. You will also be involved in a migration from M1 to M2, liaising with our off-shore development team where appropriate.
In addition there will be development and optimisation of our Shopify sites, testing, learning and optimising, ensuring we use our insight appropriately to roll out improvements across the various sites to suit each client and audience.
You will have gained experience working with Magento and Shopify, either during your previous job, a work placement or in your own time. You will be comfortable building and maintaining a site on your own, and comfortable making decisions and installing your own working practices. At the same time, there will be support from a team very comfortable working with both platforms and very comfortable ensuring developers are well supported and given the time and resources to develop their own knowledge.
The right candidate will also act as technical lead across other business projects, whether it is configuring our order management system (XML script) or new business intelligent tools that look to unify and optmise our internal working practices. Experience working and integrating multiple business systems will be very useful experience.
- Experience with Magento, Shopify and Wordpress.
- The ability to work on front end and back end systems.
- Preference to use GitHub or similar for version control.
- The ability to work directly with business users, often with a defined spec, but with occasional fire-fighting. We know in ecommerce it can never be avoided.
- Experience of working within an Agile methodology, working through regular sprints managed via Kanban. We like to use Trello, Basecamp and Slack.
- Ability to assist with the technical network infrastructure, AKA be the resident techy.
- The confidence and independence to be able to manage own work load across a variety of streams.
- An interest in online shopping and ecommerce. You need to know what good looks like online for a customer too.
- Reliable and hardworking, you must be willing to step up to challenges when needed
- Someone willing to develop their skills and career in a dynamic, expanding ecommerce business.
- A good sense of humour and someone ready to get stuck in and join a fun, hardworking team!
If the above sounds like you, then we look forward to hearing from you.